Monday, July 28, 2014

The Greatest Gift

Alright, well, I've had a special request from my mom to write about my new mission president and if there's one thing I've learned in my life is that requests/suggestions from mothers are more like requirements! :)

My new mission president's name is President Dahle. He is from Salt Lake City, Utah and was a lawyer. He is super nice and even though I've only met him once, I can already tell that he really cares about the missionaries and is trying his best to make a difference for us. He has already extended emailing time and has allowed us to have monthly zone activities, so he's alright in my book. His wife is also super awesome! I talked to her for quite a bit while other missionaries were being interviewed by President. She seemed a little overwhelmed and said she thinks she needs an assistant. I readily volunteered. :)

This week I was able to see how important support from the members is in missionary work. I honestly believe that members make the difference in conversion and retention of new members of the church. I mean if we really think about it, it's a no brainer. If a new member doesn't have any friends at church, they're not going to want to keep going back. I am so thankful for the members here and the fellowship they have and are currently giving to my recent converts. 

The process of fellowship begins long before baptism. It starts even before missionary lessons. Everyday we need to follow the example of Christ and be willing to befriend all. If we are really friends with them, we will WANT to share the gospel with them. 

This Gospel is the greatest gift you can give to anyone. I am so thankful for the opportunity to share with others what has brought me happiness all of my life. I know that this is the true Church and the true way to be happy.

I love you all so much!
-Sister Miller

I met a baby carabao.....

and decided to name him Choncho!

No comments:

Post a Comment