Monday, July 14, 2014

Witnessing Progress

This week has gone by so fast but I have had so many wonderful experiences. One that really meant a lot to me was the progress we were able to see in a less-active man we have been working with. I loved seeing how much he wanted to leave his past life behind him and continue on strong in the Gospel. We were able to see him overcome some big trials and move forward with a smile on his face. 

His testimony, like many others, has strengthened my testimony of this Gospel. Seeing his example has made me want to be more steadfast and immovable in mine. I love experiences like this that just make you want to smile and be a better person. I have met so many amazing people since I've been here on my mission. Whether it has been other missionaries, members, or even the investigators whom we teach. Each and every one of them has made a difference in my life. I have seen or heard stories of great sacrifice based on faith alone. I have been so humbled with the experiences of others and wouldn't change this mission or give it up for anything in the world. 

I know with all my heart that this is the true and only way to return to our Father in Heaven. I am so glad to be able to be serving a mission and inviting others to learn of this Gospel, 

I love you all and am so thankful for the difference you have made in my life.

Before I officially sign off, I have a favor to ask of you. As a part of a little project I am doing, I would like to collect some conversion stories. Whether you have been a member for your whole life, converted when you were younger, or are a more recent convert, I would really appreciate a story of your personal conversion. You can send it to my email... marissa.miller@myldsmail.net.

I love you all so much,
Sister Miller 

Sister Miller was REALLY late getting online last night because of a zone activity.....at the beach!  She sent along some fun pics!

I've been in the Philippines for 50 weeks and finally made it to the ocean!

Grillin' chicken and fish at the beach!

Sister Hart and I didn't really care for the fish they cooked...so we brought our own!
Sippin' some fresh coconut juice.  The coconuts were huge!
A Tongan missionary climbed the tree and just started kicking them down to us.

The people who were hosting the beach party are American and had just received a box from home that included eight bottles of this!  When I told them where I was from, they very generously gave me one...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment