Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Birthday, America!

Have I told you guys lately how much I am enjoying my mission? Well, this week was no different! 

There was a plethora of things that made this week a good one but let me highlight two things:

First, a prank. This was literally the best prank that has ever been pulled here. It was a little after our apartment family home evening. Sister Hart got a text that read, "Sister Hart, please pack your bags. You are being emergency transferred to Orani. We will be there in an hour to pick you up." It came from an Assistant to the President. Immediately, Sister Hart started to freak out. She was close to tears and, I have to admit, so was I. We all went upstairs to help her pack. She was just talking about all the things she was going to miss (including our 4th of July celebration the next day!) Sister Ete started to take a video seeing as it would be our "last video together". That should have been our first clue. Then Sister Ete got up and left the room as Sister Hart finished packing. The phone buzzed and read "YO HART, YOU JUST GOT PRANKED!!" Now, being frazzled already, poor Sister Hart just didn't get it so she called the "Assistant" who had been texting her only to hear the laughter of Sister Ete on the other line. It was Sister Ete the WHOLE time! No one else knew! We were all freaking out and then had a good laugh. It will go down in prank history! 

Second, INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!! You may be wondering how much a person can celebrate America in the Philippines. Well my dear, sweet friends, you can celebrate it A LOT!! I spent the day with Sister Manilingan, a Filipina, and Sister Hart, an Australian. It was a good time! I dressed them up in red, white, and blue and we all went out to work! We sang patriotic hymns alll day! Sister Manilingan was the most excited! 
All decked out for the holiday!

This is a branch missionary that often works with us.
He LOVED celebrating the 4th of July!
That night we convinced the senior couple to feed us a real American meal. They made ribs, corn on the cob, pasta salad, and cherry limeades! It was AMAZING!!! Easily the best meal I've eaten here in the Peens! I almost felt like I was back in the good ol' US of A!!! #AMERICA! I love it here in the Peens, but I am so grateful to have been born and raised in the United States. I am thankful for all the men and women who have sacrificed to make America the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE. Always remember that freedom isn't free. 
It doesn't get any better than this!

BBQ Heaven!!!
So aside from pranking each other and celebrating America, there were many spiritual things that happened. Everyday I see miracles in our work and have come to realize just how much Heavenly Father influences our day to day lives. I know that He lives and loves each and everyone of us! I am so thankful for all of the many blessings I have in my life. I'm even grateful for all the trials in my life that have helped shape me into the person I am today. 

I love you all!
-Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment