Monday, July 21, 2014

Feasting on the Words of Christ

This week has been one of the fastest of my mission! I'm not too sure why, but I feel like just yesterday I was sitting here writing to you guys!

This week the health of my companion, Sister Ete, has been on the rocks. Well, that actually sounds worse than it is.  She has high blood and hasn't been taking her medicine so we weren't able to work much. It was so hard to have to stay in so many days this week. I never realized how much I would miss working when all I was doing was laying around, cleaning the house, or reading my scriptures.  It makes me scared for life after the mission when I know now that all I will want to do is walk around in the rain wearing a skirt and teaching people about the gospel in Tagalog!!

With all the spare hours I had this week, I was really able to dive deep into the Book of Mormon. I brought out my old religion study guide and just started from the introduction. Although I read the Book everyday, I always seem to get something new out of it. This time was no different. I loved having the time to really read and ponder the messages within the book as well as read the prophets' insights through my study guide book. I have come to gain a new appreciation for the word of God whether it come from the prophets of old through the scriptures, or the prophets of this dispensation. I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us to be successful in this life so he has given us the tools we need to be faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.  

I know that the Book of Mormon is truly another testament of Jesus Christ. Through living the principles taught in the Book of Mormon, I know that we can grow closer to our Heavenly Father and feel His love for us everyday. Being here on a mission and seeing the difference reading the Book of Mormon makes in people's lives makes me love it that much more and gives me a greater appreciation for the family I was born into and the fact that I have grown up in the gospel and was taught about the Book of Mormon since I was a kid. I know that the knowledge contained in this book is literally life changing! 

As it says in 2 Nephi 31:20 we need to "feast on the words of Christ". A special shout out to Julian for this picture of his friend taking that verse literally! :)

This Book of Mormon was from the cake below.

This cake was awesome....every single thing was edible!

I am thankful for the time I was given to really dive into the scriptures this week but I am soooo ready to get back into the game and work, work, work!!

I love you all so much!
-Sister Miller

This is Brother Marlon who always gives us free rides on his trike!

I found a little friend on the way to an investigator's house!

We went on splits yesterday so I got to work with Sister Emz.
She is preparing to go on a mission and is AWESOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment