Saturday, August 31, 2013

Flight Plans!!!

Kamusta! 

This week has been no less hectic than the previous. It started on a sad note when the district of all elders left Monday morning. They were always so goofy and really knew how to make everyone smile. Kasama and I got up at 5 o'clock in the morning to see them off. If that's not love, I don't know what is!! We all had a nice photo session on Sunday and I acquired these gems!

The first one is Elder Miller, myself, and Elder Moncur. Elder Moncur basically proposed to me before he left so, I mean, there's that to look forward to when I get back. Juuuust kiddin'!!! I was probably the closest to Elder Moncur just because he was such a funny guy but also was so spiritual. 

Next is Elder Ruben and Elder Relf. Also two funny guys as you can tell by their fantastic poses!

The last one is one of my favorites! Elder Miller and I switched name tags so I was an Elder and he was a Sister. After we took this picture we forgot to switch back and were wearing each other's tags for half of the day.

On Tuesday we had another apostle come and talk to us at devotional. This week it was Neil L. Anderson. It was sooooo good! He had one of the missionaries who served in his mission when he was mission president come and talk too. We got seats in the second row on the floor! After Elder Anderson spoke, it was storming pretty bad outside so he decided to come around and shake some hands. I thought "This is it....I am going to shake an apostle's hand!" We were told to stay in our seats and that he would come down the rows so wait until he was in your row to stand and shake his hand. That's exactly what the elders in my row decided NOT to do! They jumped up when he was in the row in front of us! So Elder Anderson didn't come down our row because he had already shaken half of our hands. :-( He went around and talked to every single person on the floor except the half of my row I was sitting on! Ahh! I was so peeved! But it was still an amazing devotional and I was able to talk to the missionary who also spoke and he said some really inspiring things. And I got to run back to the MTC in the rain, which was a good time. Overall it was a great night. 

My kasama was sick with the flu so I stayed in the residence with her for half of Monday and the majority of Tuesday. We got to leave the MTC and go to urgent care. Even though the circumstances were a little gloomy, I was so excited to get out into the real world! Luckily I didn't get sick at all and was just very well rested since I got to lay around and sleep ALL day! OK, I have to admit, there was a little studying thrown in!

The rest of the week was just back to the grind of classes and teaching. We were teaching without any notes this week which was a challenge, but it also allowed flexibility in our lessons so we were better able to help the investigator and teach the person, not just a lesson. 

Last night we had a sister zone "sleep over". It was great but we didn't actually sleep over. We just stayed up late eating junk food and talking. It was really fun and we grew closer as a zone. Then around 12:30, my district tried to get back in our room, only to realize that none of us had a key!!! We had to call the front desk and then walk up there, shoeless and supportless (if you catch my drift)!! We were all dying of laughter, especially when the guy at the front desk inquired as to why we were all out of the room in the middle of the night. We all blamed Brother Langer. Earlier in the week, he heard us talking about the sleepover and told us it wasn't a good idea since we were missionaries and some other stuff that we obviously didn't pay attention to and went ahead and had it anyway. Then when we got locked out, we immediately knew it was Brother Langer cursing us! So after a long night, we accidentally slept through our alarms and didn't wake up until 8:15. It was glorious! 

Oh yeah, I got my flight plans yesterday! It is finally so real that I'm leaving for the Philippines in a week!!! We fly to Las Angeles then on to Hong Kong and finally Manila. I leave the United States on 8th and get to Hong Kong on the 10th so looks like there's not going to be a September 9th for this girl! Now all I can think about it the fact that I'll be in the Philippines soon!! None of us could focus in class yesterday because we were all so excited!

Alam ko po na ipinanumbalki ng Diyon an Kanyang Ebanghelyo sa pamamagitan ni Joseph Smith. Alam ko po na ang Diyos ang Ama sa Langit at si Jesucristo ang ating Manunubos. Alam ko po na ang Aklat ni Mormon ay naglalaman ng kabuuan ng Ebanghelyo at totoo ang Ebanghelyo ni Jesucristo.Nagpapasalamat ako para sa ebanghelyo at para sa pag-ibig ng ating Ama sa Langit. Nagpapasalamat ako sa Diyos para sa Kanyang mga biyaya.

I know that God restored His Gospel through Joseph Smith. I know that God is our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is our  Redeemer. I know that the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the Gospel and the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I am thankful for this gospel and for the love of our Heavenly Father. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for His blessings.

Also a big shout out to everyone who wrote me letters this week! I am thankful to and love you all!! I am doing my dandiest to write back before I leave. And for everyone else... you can repent and write me this week! :) Joke-lang... but I do love letters!

Mahal kita
-Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment