Monday, December 15, 2014

Manila!

This week we got to go to Manila! All of the foreign missionaries going home in January had to go to Immigration to get fingerprinted for our exit visas. While we were in Manila we were able to go through the temple!! It was so amazing!!

We started out sleeping at the mission home on Thursday night. We didn't really get a chance to sleep because we were taken to the bus station at 2 o'clock in the morning where we hopped on a looooong 4 hour bus ride to Manila. 
Sister Ete-aki, Elder Powell and me on that looooooong bus ride.....
feeling a little goofy!
There a van was waiting to take us to the immigration office. Then it was a grueling 6 hour wait before we all got finished with our paperwork. We were going to go to Taco Bell to eat but it was on the opposite side of town from the temple and we were running out of time so we couldn't. Luckily we passed a little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant called Hermano's and stopped. IT WAS SOOO GOOD!! In all honesty, it was better than Chipotle!!  

I felt so close to home!
 We were able to get a session in at the temple before we headed back to Olongapo. It was perfect! It's been so long since I've been to the temple and it was much needed! The Spirit was so strong there and it was great motivation to finish my mission strong and do all I can to make the Lord proud of my service.


The beautiful Manila temple. I can't wait to be here with my family in six weeks!
My batch sisters: Sister Makihele, Sister Garrett, and Sister Ete-aki.
We all started in the MTC together and will be released together.
I am so happy here in the Philippines doing the Lord's work!! This week was kind of a wake up call that I only have six weeks left here. I am going to cherish every moment and not waste a second! I know that all good things have to come to an end so I'm going to go out with a bang! I promised myself that I will work hard everyday of my last transfer and that I won't let anything distract me from doing what I am meant to do here!  

I love you all and am grateful for all the support I have received from each of you!

-Sister Miller

Here is my Christmas tree as of today...only ten days til Christmas!
Opening a new envelope is the first thing I do everyday and it makes me feel SO loved!
THANK YOU ALL for your warm wishes and holiday greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment