Monday, December 29, 2014

Completing Families!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

What an amazing week!! Here in the Peens, Christmas consists of a lot of sweet spaghetti, people handing out money to children, and lots of lights and decorations!! The sisters here celebrated by singing carols on vidokie at the District President's house! It was awesome!! I sang 'I'll be Home for Christmas' with an emphasis on "if only in my dreams"!! :)

Also had a blast celebrating my birthday. The people here are so nice! The Relief Society had an activity where the made me my favorite Filipino food and the District President bought us all dinner and a birthday cake!! To top off an awesome day, I had a baptism!

These sweet sisters are making some of my favorite Filipino foods!

Birthday cake....YUM!!!!
Something I have learned out here as I 'grew old' in the mission is that the gospel thrives in the family unit. Bruce R McConkie said, "Salvation is a family affair." That is so true! The Gospel of Jesus Christ is centered on strengthening families not only here on earth but into the eternities! And it is soooo much easier to live the gospel standards with the support of your family! I have seen countless numbers of people who stop going to church or fall back into temptations because of either lack of support or pressure from family members. I've learned that it's easy to convert a single member of a family but Heavenly Father wants all of His children to come unto Him. It's hard work to find and baptize a whole family but it's really what is best for the individuals. We pray everyday to be led to a family that is ready to accept the gospel. So far we've been struggling but I know that as we continue to show Heavenly Father our faith and trust in Him, He will provide. 

We have been working lately on completing families as well. This month we reactivated a family who hasn't been to church in years! The whole family is now active again and we were able to baptize the youngest member of the family, Jana. I have such a strong testimony that families can be together forever. I know that it is our Father in Heaven's plan for us to come to earth, learn, grow, and return to Him, as a family!!

A baptism on my birthday is the best gift EVER!

This is a typical baptismal font in the Philippines!

I know that this is the only way to return to Him. I am so thankful for my family and for the opportunity to help strengthen families here in the Peens!! 

-Sister Miller


Here is my Christmas tree FULL of Christmas wishes from all of you....
Thank you so much!  It is so beautiful and means so much!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
Sister Cervantes and I having some fun with the holiday decorations in our city center.

No comments:

Post a Comment