Monday, August 18, 2014

New Area. New Comp. New Everything!

Well, last week was that time again. The dreaded transfer day!! I was pretty sure I would be leaving but I didn't want to! I did, however, have an awesome last day in Masinloc. 

The couple that got married last week were baptized!! They were sooo happy... even if they don't look like it in the picture. I don't know why but Filipinos don't really like to smile in pictures. Anyways, it was an amazing experience to be able to see them baptized and hear their testimonies after the baptism. They had been working so hard to be ready and to be able to witness it on my last day in Masinloc was priceless. We also had a Branch activity right after the baptism and a lot of people came, including everyone whom I had taught and baptized while in Masinloc. It was great because I was able to say goodbye to everyone and have a nice closure with the area. 

A beautiful day for this family and for me!
Now I am in San Marcelino and my new companion is Sister Ruga. She is Filipina and has only been here in the field for 12 weeks! I'm what you would call her 'follow-up trainer' but she doesn't really need any training. We are getting some serious work done and I'm excited to see how I can help this area progress. Richard G. Scott once said, "To reach a goal never attained, you must do things you've never done before." That is going to be my personal motto in this area. We are going to try new ways of finding, of teaching, and of living our missionary purpose. 

I have a sort of love-hate relationship with transfer days. I hate leaving my old area and the people there but I love the fresh start that a new area gives you! Being on the downward slope of going home makes me realize that I have to give it my all everyday, and work my hardest to give back to Heavenly Father just a fraction of all He has blessed me with. 

I know that this work is true. I know that this Gospel is true. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have here to serve the people and live in such a way that invites others to come unto Christ.  

I love all of you!

-Sister Miller

One last photo before the bus takes us away!

No comments:

Post a Comment