Monday, August 11, 2014

Just Another Week in the 'Peens!

Well, I just came from a marriage....and I'm now a Godmother! Just another day in the Peens. :)

My favorite family here in Masinloc is getting baptized tomorrow and their wedding was earlier this morning. It was so happy here! I have seen this family grow so much in the 12 weeks I've been here. I'm ecstatic that I will be able to see them be baptized before I get transferred to another area. This is one of those families from my mission that I will never forget. I feel privileged to have been a part of their conversion process. I love this family so much! I was also able to be a witness of their marriage therefore becoming the Godmother of their children!

Andrea and Joel
Seeing people grow in the Gospel really helps me realize what a big help the Gospel is in my life and in the lives of all who abide by it's principles. There have been so many times when we are teaching people and I see the moment that the Gospel makes sense to them. It's like there is something inside of them testifying of the truthfulness of our message. I know that that is the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is the biggest help that  we have as missionaries. In reality, missionaries don't convert people. The Holy Ghost does. We are all able to feel the promptings of the Holy Ghost but we have to be worthy and sensitive in order to truly understand.  

I am so grateful for the successes I have seen here in the Philippines and for the opportunity I have had to be a tool in the hands of the Lord to bring Heavenly Father's children back to Him. I know that the work I am doing is true. I know that it is only through obedience to the principles of Christ's Gospel that we can truly attain happiness in this life and in the life to come.

I love you all so much!
-Sister Miller

We had FHE with the senior missionaries this week and this was the result!

Elder Wright had the most fun of all!

Sister Hart and I had these t-shirts made for zone conference because we thought it would be hilarious. We were right, of course. Everyone LOVED them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment