Monday, May 26, 2014

Transferred!

Well another transfer has come and gone and I guess it was my time to leave good ol' Orion! I got transferred from the furthest south zone to one of the northernmost zones! Transfer day was full of fun with only one hour of sleep (waking up at 4 am) and about 10 hours of travel time!  I finally arrived in Masinloc and got my first glimpse at my new companion, Sister Gonzales! For those of you who have been keeping track, this is a different Sister Gonzales than my previous companion. There are only two Sister Gonzales' and I just may kill them both, in missionspeak, of course. To kill a missionary means that you are their last companion before they go home. The current Sister Gonzales goes home after next transfer so if neither of us get transferred, I will be her last companion and figuratively "kill her"! 

Before I go on about my new area, I'll give a shout our to my old area, Orion! On our last day there, all four of us housemates went to a recent convert's house to pick up the jerseys we ordered from her. It was so dang fun! We all put on our jerseys, took lots of pictures, ate food, laughed, and even cried a little. Later, a huge thunder storm hit so Sister Snow and I went out and danced in the rain one last time before we both got transferred! Then it was off to the apartment to pack! I have become such a packrat on the mission! I hate getting rid of anything! I was up packing until about 3 in the morning. I woke up at about 4 to shower and be at the bus station by 6:30. I went from Orion to Balanga, where I got to see my mission mom, Sister Leakehe, and my mission child, Sister Jayaweera. Sister Jayaweera is actually assigned in my old area with my old companion, Sister Saleshi. Like mother, like daughter!! Then it was on to Olongapo where I saw some more missionary friends and enjoyed catching up! From Olongapo I hopped onto a bus headed to Santa Cruz. About two and a half hours later, we stopped in Iba where I saw some of my batch and some more friends! In another 3 hours, I arrived in Santa Cruz and met my new companion! After that, it was another hour bus ride to our area! Throughout the day, I literally saw the entire mission, and boy, was I pooped!  But being the dedicated missionaries that we are, we went straight to work after dropping off my suitcases in the apartment! 

I love my new area. It is all right along the coastline and beautiful! I love my new companion, too! She is always happy and motivated to do the work! We have already laughted so much! I know that this will be a good transfer and I am so excited to get to work and help the people here in Masinloc! 

I know that this is the Lord's work here on Earth and I am so blessed to be a part of it! I know that we all play a part in Heavenly Father's plan and we need to do our best everyday to be obedient to His commandments to recieve the greatest reward of eternal life. 

I love you all and am thankful for your support!

-Sister Miller

A Filipino fishing boat

Land ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment