Monday, February 3, 2014

Happy Birthday, Kansas!

Magandan umaga po!

Sobrang masaya po ako kasi MISSIONARY po ako!! 

This week was full of fun. From Kansas' birthday celebration to leading exchanges, I had a lot of fun!

We celebrated good ol Kansas' birthday with cake and lots of KU gear! All the sisters knew the importance of this day to me so we made our celebration BIG! Well, as big as you can get as a missionary! We sang Home on the Range as well as God Bless America, just for kicks! My companion thought it was a little ridiculous. I couldn't really blame her because she is from Sri Lanka and doesn't yet understand how awesome Kansas is. But not to worry, I am educating her well :)

We also had exchanges and I went into Sister Johnson's area for the day. It was cool to see another area but I missed my people so much! We went to a sister's house whom they had met earlier in the week. This woman told the other sisters that she was a member and had been less active for years but wanted to be taught again and come back to church. Sister Johnson thought it was a miracle that this woman found them. We went there and talked to the lady for a long time. She has had a hard life but sounds like she really wants to come back to church. She admitted to us that she now has a Word of Wisdom problem and drinks quite often. Then she told us that she was drunk when she saw the other sisters and went up to talk to them! Sister Johnson's face was priceless when the lady told us. Then the lady said, "What? You couldn't tell?" Ah man, I was trying my best not to bust a gut laughing!! She really has a sincere desire to change and we helped her come up with a plan to quit drinking. It was just really funny because Sister Johnson is a really somber person and was just so shocked when the lady told her she was drunk.

I am excited for her to come back to church and get her life back in order,]. I know that no matter how far you stray from this gospel, you can always come back through repentance because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. As we read in the scriptures, "His hand is stretched out still." I am so thankful for this knowledge in my life and for the opportunity to share it with others. 

I love you all so much!

Love 
Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment