Monday, January 27, 2014

Aspire Higher

Magandan umaga po sa inyo lahat!! 

This week's letter is going to have to be short because I had a lot of emails to reply to. But I wanted to share a quote with you that I read this week and loved. It was by Richard G. Scott and he said it when he came to speak to us at the MTC. 

He said, "To reach a goal never attained, you must do things you've never done before." 

It is so simple but also true and powerful and I think applicable in all of our lives today. It reminds me of a family we have been teaching. The father works abroad and is only back every two years and for only two months. He was here when we first started teaching his family but has since left. The biggest struggle for the wife is the fact that they weren't able to be sealed as a family for time and all eternity when her husband was here. The thing is that the whole family, except for the husband, is inactive. We want to help her realize that to attain such a large goal we must break our daily routine and do things we've never done before. We can't just have a dream and expect it to happen if we keep doing the same thing we've always done. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result!! 

In my missionary experience, I know this to be true. I can't just sit here getting no baptisms and think 'the Lord will provide next month. We all need to do our part in achieving our goals and ask for Heavenly Father's help along the way.

I love you all and know as you aspire higher and work to achieve what you want in life, Heavenly Father will be right there to match and multiply your efforts.

Love,
Sister Miller

Check out this guy's shirt!! KC reppin'   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment