Monday, January 6, 2014

So Jealous!

If there's one thing I wouldn't mind doing right now it would be laying in bed with 10 layers of clothing on, under my comforter, and STILL BE cold! I'm sure many of you can imagine that since that is your very situation right now. As for me, I'm sweating bullets in a short sleeve shirt!!

Other than the heat and the winter wonderland dream I keep having, everything is going great here! We have really been focusing on our Less-Active families lately. This week alone we had 25 first visits to less-active members. Usually we have one. I really think we need to build up the branch and get people to return in order to have more support for our investigators. I want to show the branch that we are here to help them, meaning the active members, as well as the recent converts and investigators. Our branch has over 800 members but our sacrament attendance is only an average of 170-180 people. Many have moved away but haven't had their records transferred. That's where we come in. We search for all the names and the people who have moved get taken out of the branch's records. Having so many records but so little attendance in comparison is one of the reasons why the branch isn't a ward. Hopefully, by our work, we can help speed up the process of becoming a ward!! 

There was also a big parade last week. I'm not too sure why, but we were lucky enough to be in the city that day so we stopped and watched part of it. The whole city was practically in it! I've attached some highlights/ my favorite parts!

I loved the Beatles scooter!!
A bunch of people rocking out in ridiculous clothing!!  
 I think Meg needs to invest in this doggie stroller for Lily. 
  Check out this guys camo outfit!!! I'm thinking Cheese's next Christmas present! :)
This guy is the epitome of cool!

So this last picture isn't from the parade. This is Sister Zhannel who is a recent convert. We saw her on the street wearing this shirt. I asked her if she knew what it meant and she said she had no idea!! Man, it was so funny I just HAD to take a picture with her!

I love all my recent converts, investigators, and members!! I can tell how much the Spirit has touched their lives and am so grateful I was able to be a part of it. In only a few weeks I will already be one third finished with my mission! By golly, the time has gone by so fast! I'm afraid of the day when I wake up and it's time to go home! I have realized that I need to work hard everyday and not waste any time because the time I have to serve the Lord here is so short! It's such a blessing to be able to share this gospel and see the effect it has in people's lives. I know that this is Heavenly Father's true church. I know that He has a plan for us to return to live with Him. I am so thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that makes this plan possible. I can feel the love Heavenly Father has for my investigators as well as all of His children here on Earth. 

I love you all!
-Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment