Monday, November 24, 2014

I Love the Book of Mormon!

Ang Pamilya & mga Kaibigan Ko,

This week Sister Cagata and I have really been focusing our teaching on the Book of Mormon and something amazing has been happening.  Of course, we always teach out of the Book of Mormon, but as we have been emphasizing it's importance, we have felt the difference in our lessons.  We had an awesome lesson with a new investigator about the Book of Mormon.  It was like all of her questions were coming out a student manual.  All of the answers she was looking for were right there in what we were sharing. I saw the 'ah ha' moment numerous times throughout the lesson.  When we were done, she said, "I get it. It all makes sense."  I know she felt the Spirit testify to her that the Book of Mormon truly is God's word.

I love teaching about the Book of Mormon because it is what really sets us apart from every other religion.  All the evidence anyone will ever need in order to know if this is the truth, they can hold in their hands.  It all rests on whether or not the Book of Mormon is truly coming from God.  If it is, then Joseph Smith was a prophet with authority from God.  If it is, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's only true church on the face of the earth and the only church with the authority to perform ordinances such as baptism.  It ALL depends on the Book of Mormon.  With all that riding on the truthfulness of one book, it boggles my mind when people don't read it.  There is literally nothing to lose and all of salvation to be gained.

I love what President Ezra Taft Benson said regarding the Book of Mormon, "We do not have to prove the Book of Mormon is true.  The book is it's own proof.  All we need to do is read it and declare it!  The Book of Mormon is not on trial--the people of the world, including members of the church -- are on trial as to what they will do with this Second Witness for Christ."

We are all on trial whether we've seen the book once or it's been a part of our whole lives.  I have come to have such a greater appreciation for the Book of Mormon in my life.  I know that it is the word of God as written by ancient prophets.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion, of our witness of Christ, and of our testimony.  I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to declare it to the people of the Philippines.

I know that as we apply the teachings within the Book of Mormon, we will grow closer to our Father in Heaven.  I know He lives  and loves each and everyone of us.  I love Him.  I love this work.  I love you all!!!

Sister Miller

P.S.  I got a nice surprise this week -- a Christmas tree in the mail!  I am so excited to read the messages everyone wrote every day as I count down to Christmas.  Thanks for thinking of me.  I love you all!


Do you remember Sister Hart from Australia?
She is one of my besties from Candelaria and we are excited to be serving in the same zone again.
I wish I had a funny story about how she fractured her elbow but she just slipped and fell. That's it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment