Monday, November 17, 2014

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Hello my people!!!

This week has been one of HARD WORK!! One of the things I love most about coming into a new area is seeing the huge progression in the first full week of the transfer. This is the week that I like to push myself and my companion the hardest and really set a standard for the rest of the transfer. As Sister Cagata and I have given it out all, we have really seen the blessings of the Lord. We more than doubled our total lessons taught and new investigators. We also achieved over five times more lessons taught to an investigator with a member present. We've really seen the potential this area has and I'm excited to see the growth we are going to see for teh rest of the transfer. 

I think Ezra Taft Benson said it best when he said, "One of the greatest secrets of missionary work is work! If a missionary works, he will get the Spirit; if he gets the Spirit, he will teach by the Spirit; and if he teaches by the Spirit, he will touch the hearts of the people and he will be happy. There will be no homesickness, no worrying about families, for all time and talents and interests are centered on the work."

I have seen that when we work hard we are happy! When we get lazy the days seem to drag on for forever! I love this work and love coming home exhausted at the end of the day because it means that I really gave my all to the Lord that day. 

I know that this is the true Gospel and through living according to Heavenly Father's laws we are being prepared to return to live with Him in His kingdom! I love sharing this message with the people of the Philippines!

I love you all!
-Sister Miller

Sister Cataga and I got locked inside a compound one night while we were teaching.
We literally had to climb a fence to get out!!!
Missionaries need all kinds of skilz!

Here we are at a Zone activity this morning visiting Mt. Samat.

No comments:

Post a Comment