Monday, November 3, 2014

Getting Closer to Christ

My family & friends!

This week has been all about work, work, WORK!! We have really begun to see some progress in the area here! I love this area and am hoping not to transfer this week but whatever happens, at least I know I did my best!! 

Lately I have been focusing my personal study on the Atonement and have really come to have a deeper appreciation and understanding of it. I have been reading the various accounts of the Atonement in the Bible and every time I read it, I feel like I come closer to Christ. When I read of what He went through for us, I can feel my love for Him growing.

I know that through the Atonement we can be forgiven and that's something that we ALL need! Another part of forgiveness is not only receiving it but giving it as well. That's something I have realized lately. That no matter what someone has done, if they have repented, Heavenly Father has forgiven them and so should I. Easier said than done, right? But that's why we are here on Earth, to become more like our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

As we go though our trials here on Earth I know that we are growing to be prepared to return to our Heavenly Father. I can only imagine our happiness when we face Heavenly Father and hear the words, 'Well done, thou good and faithful servant'.

I love you all!
-Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment