Monday, October 6, 2014

The Challenges are the Blessings!

This week was full of challenges! Every week as a missionary comes with it's own troubles and this week was no different. I'm not too sure why but everything just seemed to go wrong! Most of our appointments fell through, people just didn't want to talk to us, it was storming, and to top it all off none of our investigators came to church on Sunday! This week was really hard, to say the least. I came home on Sunday night, drenched, exhausted, and ready to just go to bed! When I got to my desk, I saw something I had taped down about two months earlier. It was a single sentence that really struck me when I read it the first time and even more so as a worn-out missionary after a disappointing week: "THE CHALLENGES ARE THE BLESSINGS." 

When I read that statement, all the agitation left me. All the angry thoughts and the sadness  were suddenly gone. I could feel Heavenly Father's love for me so strongly. I knew right then and there that all the challenges that I had faced that week were just really, really well disguised blessings. 

I know that the only way that we can grow in this life is through trials and challenges. I know that when we take them on with a positive attitude and actually try to learn something, we will be able to come out on top and even, dare I say, BE HAPPY!

I am so thankful for all of the challenges in my life and in my work as a missionary. The happiest of times wouldn't be so sweet without the hard times I had to overcome to get there. 

I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for the impact that living it's standards has had on my life. I know that this is the one true way of obtaining never-ending happiness. 

I love you all and thank you for your love and support...especially support in the form of letters or packages! :)

-Sister Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment