Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!!!

Friends, Comrades, Countrymen....

This week, like all the others, has been crazy, amazing, hard, delicious, and many other verbose adjectives. 

So it was Holy Week here and man, was it crazy! They have a lot of traditions here for Holy Week so it was pretty cool to see everything. They had a lot of parades and have booths on every street with a statue of Christ where someone sits singing scriptures 24 hours a day, all week. They also have reenactments. All week there have been people carrying huge crosses around. On Good Friday, there are hundreds of people who form a processional and walk to the catholic church.  They have no shirts on and whip themselves with whips that have razors attached to the ends. It was very bloody and very gruesome. They also have some people who volunteer to be crucified. As in truly crucified, with nails and all. 

If there is one thing that I took away from this week, it is how thankful I am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The people here do all of these reenactments as a way of repentance. I am so happy to know that Christ went through all of that so that we wouldn't have to. I know that our process of repentance is an internal one and is personal between us and the Lord. I know that Christ suffered for our sins individually, that He knows my name and knows your name.  I know that it is never too late to repent and that Christ's arm is stretched out still, waiting patiently for us turn to him. I know that it is all because of Him that we are able to return to live with our Father in Heaven.

I love spreading this message to all and love this work I have been called to do!

I love you all! Happy Easter!

Sister Miller

P.S.  Sorry my letter is super short this week but I've got a really good one in the works for next week!  Until then enjoy this picture.....

I forgot what this little goodie is called but it's an oyster-like thing. It's really cheap and only poor people eat it. Some drunk ladies offered it to us while we were walking by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment