Monday, April 7, 2014

Fond Farewells

This week was full of fun!! First, on Monday we went to the mission home for an all mission activity. I was so much fun to see everyone from my old zone! We had a spiritual devotional where all the missionaries who were leaving this transfer got up and spoke. My companion, Sister Gonzales, was one of them! My first two Zone Leaders, Elder Cosman and Elder Kidd, are leaving as well. I really looked up to those missionaries and it's weird to see them going home! After the devotional, we all changed and started playing games such as basketball, Frisbee, soccer...whatever you wanted really. Later, for lunch, President brought out this roasted pig and just started chopping it up! Man, President is a funny guy! He chopped off the head and started talking to sister missionaries through it. He then proceeded to act like he was going to take a huge bite out of it! After lunch, we had a mission wide game. It was the northern zones verses the southern zones in some kind of a capture the flag/tag game with water balloons. Needless to say it soon just became a huge water balloon fight. I was soaked!!!! It was soooo much fun especially because it is so flippin' hot here!

President Q loves lechon baboy!

MTC District Reunion -- so fun!
Then on Wednesday we had Mission Leadership Council at the mission home. I love going to MLC because it's always SUPER spiritual and I get to see all my STL friends! I'm still the youngest one there (by mission age) and it's weird to think that I will still be going to MLC when they are all home! Elder Cosman said something that I really loved. He said "the mission may not have been the best two years of my life, but it sure was the best two years for my life!" That is so true. The time spent on the mission will shape who you are for the rest of your life. I wouldn't trade this time for anything, even if it isn't the best year and a half of my life. (Which I may argue that it is, to date!) While at MLC I got all my mail from the past couple of weeks and would just like to give a personal shout out to Grandma Vada and Mallorie Isom for the solid stream of hand written letters! There is a special place in heaven for those who write letters to the missionaries!

Orion Zone!

I love these sisters!
Then on Thursday we had weekly planning, My companion was so excited that it was her last weekly planning! She was giddy all day :) 

The last zone meeting for Sister Gonzales!
Friday was exchanges! I flippin' love exchanges!! I went to work with Sister Almarez and had a great day! I love seeing other areas! On Saturday we went to the furthest point in her area. We took a trike there but had to walk back because it's super remote so trikes don't just roam there waiting for riders. We walked for about 40 minutes through rice fields to get back! I was carrying all of my stuff because we were going straight to my area for the Women's Conference broadcast. It was all worth it when we got to the chapel and started watching the conference! I loved it so much! I love Rosemary M. Wixom so obviously, I was excited to see her as the first speaker! All of the speakers where awesome and it just got me pumped for watching General Conference next weekend! 

On Sunday we had soooo many less actives at church, and three new investigators whom we haven't even taught yet came as well! It was definitely a miracle!! 

This morning my companion left for home :( Her time was up here in Olongapo!! She was so excited to go home but it was bittersweet for the both of us! I will be working with different missionaries until transfer day when I'll get my new companion! 

Farewell, Elder Kidd!

Goodbye, Sister Gonzales!

And then there were three....:-(

I love this work so much and know this church and Gospel are true! I love being a missionary and am excited to work my hardest to help others come unto Christ! I love you all!!

-Sister Miller

Here's a little post script for everyone:  
Have you ever wondered what's INSIDE balut?  Well, Sister 'Ete'aki and I decided to find out!! Yep, we still ate it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment