Monday, March 24, 2014

Twilight Zone

Helllllllloooo Kansas Cityyyyy!! And wherever all you other people are from :)

My week has been fabulous as usual! We had mission president interviews and a cooking demo, too! We made a dish called Bicol Express. I took one bite and my whole mouth was on fire. It was spicy to say the LEAST!! I got to kick it all day with most of the missionaries form my MTC batch which I loved!! 


I also had exchanges with Sister Snow who is from Utah. Lots of people were amazed to see two putis (white people) walking around together. We had lots of people shout, "FOREIGNERS!!" It was quite entertaining! Then the craziest thing happened... we saw another puti (white person). We were both amazed! Then she started talking to us... in ENGLISH!! We didn't know how to respond! We would just respond in Tagalog! It was like we were in the Twilight Zone!! We walked away speechless which didn't last long because we started cracking up about how stupid we probably looked and sounded! 

This week I've realized just how important time is...here on the mission as well as at home. I only have a short time left on my mission and we all only have a short time here on Earth. It's up to us to decide how to spend it and what we will accomplish in the little time Heavenly Father has given us! I want to give my all to the Lord, every second of every day, until the end comes and I can truly say that I did my best and have no regrets! 

I love you all!

Sister Miller

This little cutie LOVES to wear our name tags and says she is a future missionary :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment