Monday, October 14, 2013

Not In Kansas Anymore!

I've been waiting weeks to use that title!!

So, this has been yet another great week!!! Is there really any other kind of week on a mission? I mean, I'm out here serving and helping people everyday! This week I have come to really appreciate the common phrase, "lose yourself in the work!" When I was talking about it with my companion, I was feeling a little down. We were talking about how we have to change every aspect of our lives in order to become the best missionaries we can be. I REALLY didn't want that to happen to me! I didn't want to lose my sense of humor or my personality. When I was thinking about it later I thought, 'Ya know, that is what makes me who I am and Heavenly Father wouldn't want me to lose that!' I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knows and appreciates the little things that make us who we are.
 
So one of the highlights this week was receiving my first package!!!! BIG TIME shout out to the best mom and best package packer in the whole wide world!! I will be eating mac and cheese like a true American this week!! 
 



 
I am in love with the Philippines. I love the people. I love the culture. I am starting to like the food! I love being a missionary. I know I say that a lot but it's so true. Never have I felt like I'm meant to be doing something so strongly in my life. I know this is part of God's plan for me.
 
I really want to share with you a talk from General Conference. I think it is so important for everyone to read it. Whether you are a member of the church or not I would implore you to give it a read!
I know that no matter where you are in life, spiritually or physically, there is a place for you in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This gospel has made such a difference in my life and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to share it!
 
I love you all and appreciate all the emails, letters, and prayers for me.
-Sister Miller
 
P.S. Sorry I can't take a normal picture!! I know I'm goofy! 
 
Hello everyone---Maria here!
 
It is a great blessing to me that Marissa's mission president is on Facebook and often posts photos of the missionaries.  I love looking through his posts and finding a picture of Marissa...or two...or three! :-)
 
This past week, the group of missionaries who arrived with Marissa returned to the mission home for some follow-up training.  It was the first time that she was able to see the friends from her MTC district since they were assigned to different areas in the mission the day after their arrival.  They also had to have fingerprints taken at this time as it is a federal law that all international missionaries have their fingerprints on file.
 
Here are some pics that President Querido posted that day:

District reunion!

President and Sister Querido
They are so wonderful to the missionaries...and their parents!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment