Monday, January 19, 2015

The Final Countdown.....


A famous poet once said, "if you had one shot, one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, would you take it or let it slip." :)

So maybe Eminem isn't the best character to quote in my last letter as a missionary but I really love that line. I think is applicable to all of us in our various stages of life and has been on my mind lately as my time as a full-time missionary here winds down. 


It has definitely been a time of reflection for me. As I prepare to go home, I can't help but think about all of the experiences I've had here. I remember the spirit I have felt when teaching people about God's love for them. I remember the excitment when an investigator finally came to church. I remember the joy as I helped others come unto Christ through the waters of baptism. And I remember being really, REALLY tired! In Doctrine and Covenants 123:12-13 we read why missionaries are sooo dang tired! 

"12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties,and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—

 13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—"

I love this scripture because that is exactly what I have been doing for the last 18 months, striving to bring light into dark places in order to lead others to Christ. I love this work. I have seen miracles as I have given my all to the Lord. I am going to continue to give it my all until the last day! I am so grateful that I have spent the last year and a half wearing out my life in bringing others to this Gospel.

I know that this is Christ's true church here on the Earth. I know that He is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to restore the fullness of the Gospel. I know that we are led and directed by a living prophet with authority from God. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love it and read it everyday.

I am indebted eternally to Christ for all He has done for me. I am grateful to pay a tiny piece back to Him through my service as a full time missionary. Now I will continue to be a life time missionary!

I love you all and will see you SOON!!
-Sister Miller

I had a little something made for Sister Hart to remember me by!



She obviously loves it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment